Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bye, Bye Meatpacking...for one meal.

I recently did something really drastic. I left the Meatpacking District to find a restaurant that wasn't over priced, but still had some decent cibo.

I found it at 127 2nd Ave., in the East Village . Perhaps, it was the morning I had just had but B & H Dairy drew me in. There was a lack of elbow room, but it was too close for comfort in a good way.

Now, the important part: the food. I'm Italian. I like to eat, and if I don't eat I get yelled at. Before coming to B & H, I had never heard of an Egg Sandwich on Challah Bread or of their Famous Challah French Toast. Each respectively coming in at $2 and $5, is a hard price to beat in this city, which makes the food even tastier.

B & H was a good find, in a city filled with clustered, overprized restaurants. Cough Meatpacking District Cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment